- 1 8-ounce brick cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped fresh
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 ounces salmon, smoked, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon onion, dried minced
- Cocktail pumpernickel bread, toasted and buttered
Using an electric hand mixer, combine cream cheese, scallions, heavy cream, dill, lemon zest and juice. Fold in salmon and capers; season to taste.
Divide mixture in half and form into 2 balls; wrap each in plastic. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
In small bowl, combine seeds and dried onion. Roll cheese balls in seed mixture to coat.
Serve with toasts.