- 2 8-ounce bricks cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sharp provolone shredded
- 1 1/2 cups your favorite thick, deli-sliced Italian meats, such salami, sopressata, hot and/or sweet coppa, pepperoni, and/or cappicola, cut into large dice
- cup 1/4 cup pepperoncini pepper rings, chopped plus 2 tablespoons pepperoncini juice or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 cup red wine vinegar, pepperoncini or salted potato chips, lightly crushed
- Italian sub rolls, sliced and toasted
- Mini sweet peppers, halved
- Seedless cucumbers, sliced on a bias
In a stand mixer or using an electric hand mixer, combine cream cheese, sour cream, provolone, diced meats, pepperoncini peppers and juice or red wine vinegar, oregano and crushed red pepper flakes.
Form mixture into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for at least 1 hour and up to a few days before (cheese balls are a great make-ahead!).
Before serving, remove the cheese ball from the plastic wrap and roll in crushed red wine vinegar chips to coat.
Serve with toasted and sliced Italian sub rolls, peppers, and cucumbers.