- 1 8-ounce brick cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded sharp white
- 1 cup Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeños, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pickled cherry peppers, or jalapeños, finely chopped plus 1 tablespoon of their pickling liquid
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup fried onions
- 1/2 cup dehydrated jalapenos
- Crackers, chips and crudité, for serving
In a stand mixer or using an electric hand mixer, combine cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar, Pepper Jack, scallions, jalapenos, pickled peppers and juice, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
Form the cheese mixture into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill until firm.
Place fried onions and dehydrated jalapenos in a bag and smash into small pieces with a rolling pin.
Once cheese ball is firm, remove from plastic wrap and roll in the fried onion-jalapeno mixture to coat.
Serve with crackers, chips and crudité.