You can substitute the cooked brown rice for wild white rice, or quinoa, depending on what you have on hand. I also like to play around with the protein when I want to change things up. If I’m in the mood for seafood, I’ll replace the chicken with shrimp.
- Olive oil spray
- 6 Shiitake mushrooms, to 10
- 1 pound broccoli carrots jicama and bean sprouts, total of asparagus, snow peas
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 pound chicken breast, skinless, cooked
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup cashews, raw
- 1 jalapeño, diced
Spray a large skillet with olive oil spray and heat over medium-high heat. Sauté mushrooms for 4 minutes.
Toss in the rest of your vegetables along with the red pepper flakes. Cook approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Once veggies are tender, toss with lime juice and add cooked chicken breast. Top the cooked brown rice with mixture, add the cashews and jalapeños before plating and enjoy!