January 5, 2018 The CDC issued a warning yesterday about an E. coli outbreak in the U.S. and Canada. They suspect the cause may be romaine lettuce and are urging caution. Accordingly, we suggest avoiding romaine lettuce in your recipes for the time bein
- 1 bunch flat kale, stemmed and sliced or chopped
- 1 gem Romaine shredded or chopped
- 1/2 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 bulb fennel very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup feta crumbles
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or pistachio nuts, toasted
- Sliced green pepperoncini, pickled hot or mild peppers
For the dressing
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 2 tablespoons white or red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar or Acacia honey
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup mixed finely chopped herbs such as parsley, dill and chives
Serves: 4 to 6 servings
Place the salad ingredients in a bowl.
Whisk up lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper garlic, yogurt, oregano, EVOO and herbs or shake in a jar.
Dress salad and serve.