- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin discarded and meat shredded
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup hot sauce, such as Frank's
- 1 loaf Italian bread, 2-foot, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, small, shredded
For the Blue Cheese Ranch, stir together the blue cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, chives, vinegar, and onion and garlic powders in a medium-size bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
Place shredded chicken in a medium-size bowl. In a small skillet, melt butter and combine with hot sauce. Let sauce cool slightly then pour it over the shredded chicken. Toss to coat chicken completely.
To assemble hoagie, spread the chicken in an even layer on the bottom half of the bread. Top with the sliced celery and an ample amount of shredded lettuce. Spread the Blue Cheese Ranch on the top half of the bread and close the sandwich, using toothpicks to secure it. Cut into pieces and serve.