- 1 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños, diced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, granulated
- 2 slices bread, marble rye
- 4 slices Swiss cheese, aged
- 6 ounces pastrami, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
For the dressing, mix all ingredients together and season to taste. Set aside.
Butter the bottom slice of bread then it flip over to start building the sandwich: Layer on 2 slices of cheese, the pastrami, sauerkraut, 2 tablespoons of 18,000 Island Dressing (leftover dressing lasts up to two weeks in the refrigerator!) and the 2 remaining slices of cheese.
Butter the top slice of rye bread and set in place with the buttered side facing out. Place sandwich on a griddle or in a pan over medium heat and cook on both sides until golden and gooey in the middle. (For extra-melty cheese, place a metal bowl over the sandwich as it cooks.) Enjoy!