- 4 avocados, medium
- 1 tomato, small, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, small minced
- 1 tablespoon or to taste Gochujang (Korean chili paste) or 1/2 jalapeño, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped fresh
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lime juice, fresh, plus more to taste
Slice the avocados lengthwise around the pit and carefully remove the pit. Using a large spoon, scoop out the avocado flesh and place it into a large bowl. Using the back of a fork, mash the avocado until as chunky or smooth as you like it.
Mix in the tomato, onion, Gochujang, salt and cilantro. Stir in the lime juice. Taste and season with more salt and/or lime juice if needed and serve.
Excerpt from Food for Life: Delicious & Healthy Comfort Food from My Table to Yours! by Laila Ali. Copyright © 2018 by Laila Ali. Used with permission by St. Martin’s Press. All rights reserved.