- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup beef pork, cooked shredded or pulled
- 1/2 cup salsa verde, (your favorite jarred or canned is fine if using carnitas (pulled pork more for drizzling
- 12 ounces tortilla chips (half a large, family-size bag)
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup black beans, canned, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded , peeled and cut into 1/4-to-1/2-inch dice
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4 to 1/2-inch dice
- cilantro leaves, fresh, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, cut into thin rounds
- Few dollops of sour cream, (optional)
Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350˚F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
If using carnitas, combine the pork with the salsa verde until evenly coated.
Arrange half of the tortilla chips on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with half of the cheese, the beef, and the beans. Repeat with the remaining chips, cheese, beef and beans.
Bake 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the nachos are heated through. As soon as the nachos are done, scatter on top the avocado, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno, salsa, and, if using, sour cream. Serve hot.