Rachael's Beef Spiedini
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
The Covid Vaccines Explained | Physician + "Doctors" Host Dr. Ia…
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
Soon-To-Be Mom of 6 On Relationship With Her Oldest Child: "I ca…
When Can You Get The Covid Vaccine? A Doctor Breaks Down Current…
Why You Should Still Get The Vaccine If You've Already Had Covid…
Chef Curtis Stone's Fried Chicken + Rachael's Chicken With Pears…
Sterling K. Brown On Filming Latest Season Of This Is Us + Rach'…
Rach's Bacon & Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce + Al…
Serve with arugula or baby kale salad with shaved pecorino, cracked green Cerignola olives, lemon juice, EVOO, and sea salt.
- ¼ cup currants
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus more for drizzling
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped, or 8-10 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup homemade breadcrumbs or panko, lightly toasted plus 1 cup not toasted
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 cup loosely packed parsley and mint leaves (a handful of each), finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 pound boneless rib eye, very thinly sliced, or veal cutlets, pounded no thicker than 1/8 inch
- Salt and pepper
- Metal skewers
- Thin wedges of red onion and fresh bay leaves
- Aged balsamic or balsamic drizzle and lemon wedges, to serve
Soak currants in hot water to soften, then drain.
Heat olive oil in small skillet and cook onions and garlic over medium heat 5 minutes to soften, then add tomatoes and cook 1 minute more. Cool completely.
In a bowl, combine the onion mixture with the toasted breadcrumbs, currants, pine nuts, half the cheese, half the parsley and mint, and all of lemon zest and chili flakes.
Season the sliced beef or veal with salt and pepper. Place mounds of stuffing on one end and roll meat to make pouches of stuffed meat.
Combine the remaining breadcrumbs, cheese, and parsley and mint in shallow dish. Drizzle beef rolls with olive oil and press into breadcrumbs.
Preheat oven to 375˚F. Preheat griddle over medium-high heat.
Skewer meat, red onions and bay leaves, then cook on oiled griddle pan until browned. Transfer to oven 5 -7 minutes until cooked through. Serve with balsamic vinegar and lemon wedges.