- Nonstick cooking spray, for baking dish
- 2 jars red bell peppers, roasted
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 ounces package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, kosher
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 6 basil leaves, large fresh
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1 bag crunchy cheese puffs, (8.5-ounce) finely ground
- 4 cups blue tortilla chips, finely ground
- Toasted rustic bread and tortilla chips, for serving
Preheat the oven to 325˚F. Spray a 2-quart round baking dish with cooking spray.
In a food processor, blend roasted red peppers and garlic until combined. Add cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan, salt, pepper and basil and process to combine. Spoon into the prepared baking dish. Top with mozzarella. Bake until bubbling and the top is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
To decorate the surface to resemble a basketball, sprinkle cheese puff crumbs evenly over the dip. To make the lines resembling a basketball, use a toothpick or knife to carefully etch in the lines, then carefully spoon blue tortilla chips crumbs over the outline. Serve with bread and tortilla chips.