Rachael's Ancho Chicken and Rice
Rachael's Italian Roasted Chicken
Grilled Corn Polenta with Sausages and Broccoli Rabe
How To Make Gochujang Skillet Chicken & Korean Rice By Rachael
Ancho Chicken Soft Tacos
Grilled Chicken with Fennel Sauce and Charred Tomato Bread
Chicken and 3-Chili Stew
Rachael's Pork Fried Rice and Fried Rice Balls
Rachael’s Buffalo Fried Chicken Tacos
Pork Chops or Chicken with Biscuits Tomato Gravy
- 4 ancho chili peppers, seeded and stemmed
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons honey or agave
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 ear corn on the cob, husked and corn scraped from cob
- ½ cup shelled fresh peas or frozen peas
- Salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon each ground cumin, coriander, and paprika or smoked paprika (scant palmfuls)
- 1½ teaspoons oregano (half a palmful)
- 1 rotisserie chicken, bones and skin removed, meat shredded
- Juice of 1 lime, plus small wedges, to serve
- Optional garnishes: toasted slivered almonds, cilantro or parsley leaves, thinly sliced scallions, and pickled jalapeno pepper rings
Place chili peppers in pot and toast over medium-high heat. Add 2½ cups chicken stock and 1 cup water, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer to reduce liquid by about half and soften chili peppers, about 8-10 minutes. Once tender, puree in food processor or blender with honey or agave to lightly sweeten.
Meanwhile, in a second saucepot, heat 1 tablespoon butter and add rice. Toast the rice until fragrant, about 4-5 minutes. Add remaining stock and bring to a boil, add salt and cook about 13-15 minutes. Add corn and peas, cover, and cook 2-3 minutes more. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes; adjust salt, then fluff with fork.
For the chicken, in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat, melt remaining butter, add onion and garlic, salt and pepper and lightly brown and soften, 5 minutes. Add spices and oregano and stir a minute, then add chicken and combine with sauce to heat through. If chicken gets dry, add a little more stock or water. Add juice of 1 lime to serve.
Serve chicken on bed of rice with toppings of choice.