- 8 slices meaty bacon
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling plus about 1/3 cup
- Salt and pepper
- 2 stems thyme, leaves stripped
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoon shallot or onion, grated
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves stripped and finely chopped
- 1 bunch watercress or upland cress tops
- 1 cup parsley tops
- 1 cup celery tops and thinly sliced celery heart
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on a bias
- 1 cup crumbled smoked blue cheese or blue cheese crumbles
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted and diced
Preheat oven to 375˚F. Bake bacon on slotted pan or wire rack-lined baking sheet to crisp, reserve and chop 1 inch pieces. Arrange tomatoes on foil-lined small baking sheet and coat with EVOO, salt, pepper and thyme and cook to burst and until lightly browned.
In a bowl, combine garlic, shallot or onion, Dijon, juice of 1 lemon, vinegar, honey and slowly whisk in EVOO, about 1/3 cup; season with salt and pepper.
Cut into chicken horizontally from larger side of breast and butterfly it open, pound to 1/8 inch and season with salt, pepper and rosemary.
Heat a large nonstick griddle or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken 2 paillards at a time about 3 minutes on the first side and 2 minutes on the second.
Combine the cress, parsley, celery, arugula and green onions with dressing.
Place the chicken on plates and top with the greens. Arrange the tomatoes, bacon and cheese over top, leaving room for the avocado.
Dress the avocado with juice of remaining 1/2 lemon, add to plates and serve.