Sesame Street's favorite cookie thief shares his recipe for a cookie that’s dairy-, gluten-, egg- and nut-free from his book The Joy of Cookies: Cookie Monster's Guide to Life.
- 2/3 cup coconut oil (or me can use vegetable shortening)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 ¾ cups oat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chippy of choice
Just Dough It!!
1. Me preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Me use parchment paper to line cookie pan so no crumbs to clean.
Crumbs to Eat
3. Into first bowl, me measure coconut oil, sugars, vanilla, and applesauce.
4. Me stir all together with spoon (or mixer for shortening) until nice and squishy.
5. Into second bowl, me measure oat flour, salt, baking soda, and chocolate chippy.
6. Me stir until all dry stuff mix together.
7. Me pour dry-stuff bowl into wet-stuff bowl.
8. Me use spoon or mixer until everything all nice and creamy.
9. Me chill dough 30 minutes.
Why? Why??? it so hard to wait!!!
10. Me plop dough onto cookie pan with tablespoon.
Yeah Yeah Yeah
Almost cookies now!
Me can taste it!
11. Bake 10-12 minutes. (Maybe 2-3 minutes longer if use shortening or if like crispier cookie.)
Keep Close Eye on Cookie
12. Me share cookies with vegan monsters.
And other monsters, too.
Excerpt from The Joy of Cookies: Cookie Monster's Guide to Life by Cookie Monster. Copyright © 2018 by Cookie Monster. Used with permission by Imprint. All rights reserved.