Cookie Monster's Every Monster Cookie
Rach's French Onion Risotto + Kyan Douglas' Favorite At-Home Gro…
Queer Eye's Karamo Gives Viewers Advice + Rach's One-Pot Dinner
Rach's Stuffed Shells 2 Ways + Jacques Pépin's Salmon Au Gratin
Katherine Heigl Dishes On Her Netflix Show "Firefly Lane" + Rach…
Daphne Oz's Healthy & Cheesy Comfort Food + Athleisure Trends
Rach's Orecchiette With Bacon! Plus, More Q & Ray + J Questions …
Freddie Prinze Jr. Talks Family Life With Sarah Michelle Gellar …
Rach's English Muffin Bacon, Egg & Cheeseburgers + Ty Pennington…
Tim Tebow's 3 Puppies + Tasty Twist On Coffee Cake From "Girl Me…
Meet TIME's First-Ever Kid of the Year + A Resilience Expert On …
Matthew McConaughey Shares Personal Stories From His Memoir + Ra…
Clinton Kelly's No-Bake Banana Toffee Pie + Rach's Steak Caesar …
Rachael Makes a Rotisserie Chicken Dinner + Hangs With Michael P…
Jacques Pépin Cooks From Home + A Surprise Virtual Baby Shower F…
Viral Video of Man Dancing Joyfully In The Snow After Getting Hi…
Emotional Surprise For Founder of Animal Rescue Non-Profit That …
How Do Rachael & John Take Their Coffee + How Much Do They Drink…
How To Make Spicy Fried Chicken | Rachael Ray
How To Make Oil 'n' Vinegar Slaw With Poppy Seeds | Rachael Ray
Rachael + John Passionately Sing "Could Have Been Me" With John'…
Sesame Street's favorite cookie thief shares his recipe for a cookie that’s dairy-, gluten-, egg- and nut-free from his book The Joy of Cookies: Cookie Monster's Guide to Life.
- 2/3 cup coconut oil (or me can use vegetable shortening)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 ¾ cups oat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chippy of choice
Serves: 24 to 36
Just Dough It!!
1. Me preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Me use parchment paper to line cookie pan so no crumbs to clean.
Crumbs to Eat
3. Into first bowl, me measure coconut oil, sugars, vanilla, and applesauce.
4. Me stir all together with spoon (or mixer for shortening) until nice and squishy.
5. Into second bowl, me measure oat flour, salt, baking soda, and chocolate chippy.
6. Me stir until all dry stuff mix together.
7. Me pour dry-stuff bowl into wet-stuff bowl.
8. Me use spoon or mixer until everything all nice and creamy.
9. Me chill dough 30 minutes.
Why? Why??? it so hard to wait!!!
10. Me plop dough onto cookie pan with tablespoon.
Yeah Yeah Yeah
Almost cookies now!
Me can taste it!
11. Bake 10-12 minutes. (Maybe 2-3 minutes longer if use shortening or if like crispier cookie.)
Keep Close Eye on Cookie
12. Me share cookies with vegan monsters.
And other monsters, too.
Excerpt from The Joy of Cookies: Cookie Monster's Guide to Life by Cookie Monster. Copyright © 2018 by Cookie Monster. Used with permission by Imprint. All rights reserved.