This simple salad from Rach's buddy Giada De Laurentiis' new cookbook Giada's Italy calls on big, bold Italian flavors.
- 1 (8-ounce) container cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted castelvetrano olives, quartered
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large head escarole, dark green leaves removed, remaining leaves chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado, chilled and diced
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives, mint and salt. Add the escarole, white balsamic and olive oil and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle in the avocado and the pine nuts.
Excerpt from 'Giada's Italy' by Giada De Laurentiis. Copyright © 2018 by Giada De Laurentiis. Used with permission by Clarkson Potter. All rights reserved.