Rachael's New and Improved Tuna Noodles
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
Rach's tuna noodles 2.0 are dressed in a creamy mushroom sauce that’s studded with fresh herbs and crunchy pickles.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound mushrooms: mix crimini, stemmed and sliced, and hen of the woods, pulled or sliced, or shitake, stemmed and sliced
- 2 large shallots or 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and 1 teaspoon white pepper and finely ground black pepper
- ½ cup dry sherry or white wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- About ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 bag (12-ounces) medium egg noodles
- ½-3/4 cup blanched shelled fava beans, peas or edamame
- 2 cans line-caught tuna, drained and flaked
- ½ cup chopped dill, chives and parsley, combined, to serve
- ¼ cup chopped cornichons, to serve
Bring a pot of water to boil for noodles.
In a large skillet or pot over medium-high heat, melt butter and when it foams add the mushrooms. Brown them, then reduce heat a bit and add shallots or onion and garlic, season with salt and white pepper and fine black pepper. Add sherry or wine and soy, then let it absorb almost fully. Add flour and stir 1 minute, then whisk in stock and let it bubble. Add whole milk, and let sauce thicken and reduce by about 1/3 while you cook the noodles.
Salt the boiling water. Cook noodles 5 minutes, reserve ½ cup water, then drain.
Add fava, peas or edamame and the tuna to sauce and toss with noodles to coat. Add water if sauce gets to thick. Top noodles with herbs and cornichons to serve.