Rachael's New and Improved Tuna Noodles
Rach's Chicken Riggies + Expert-Picked Style, Design and Tech Es…
Quick Maple Pork Chops With Garlicky Mashed Potatoes + Tom Payne…
Tony Hale Dishes On "I Love Lucy" Film + Rach Makes a Greek Feast
Jessica Alba & Cash Warren's "Double Date" With Rach & John + Ra…
Rach's Bagels 5 Ways (Like Spinach & Artichoke!) + Ham, Egg & Ch…
How To Make Tso Tini Cocktail | John Cusimano
How To Make Rachael's General Tso's Chicken
How To Make Perfectly Charred Carne Asada Tacos with Avocado Cre…
We Surprise The Adorable Couple Behind The Secret @MealsSheEats …
How To Make John's Blackberry-Ginger "House Call Mocktail | John…
What Happens In Your Body When You Eat Whole vs Refined Grains |…
How To Make Pho | Rachael Ray
How To Make Honey Soy Glazed Salmon | Dr. Ian Smith
Deals From Rue La La: Genuine Soft Leather Jackets, Healthy Pres…
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro's Fun Cake Decorating Ideas For Spring
Former Rachael Ray Mag Editor Wrote 365 Thank You Letters In One…
How To Make Meatball Patty Melt Pizzas | Rachael Ray
Buddy Valastro Tells Rach He's at "About 75%" Strength in His Ha…
Buddy Valastro Surprises His Biggest Fan AGAIN—9 Years After Emo…
Jane Lynch Talks Hosting "The Weakest Link" Reboot + Rach Makes …
Rach's tuna noodles 2.0 are dressed in a creamy mushroom sauce that’s studded with fresh herbs and crunchy pickles.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound mushrooms: mix crimini, stemmed and sliced, and hen of the woods, pulled or sliced, or shitake, stemmed and sliced
- 2 large shallots or 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and 1 teaspoon white pepper and finely ground black pepper
- ½ cup dry sherry or white wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- About ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 bag (12-ounces) medium egg noodles
- ½-3/4 cup blanched shelled fava beans, peas or edamame
- 2 cans line-caught tuna, drained and flaked
- ½ cup chopped dill, chives and parsley, combined, to serve
- ¼ cup chopped cornichons, to serve
Bring a pot of water to boil for noodles.
In a large skillet or pot over medium-high heat, melt butter and when it foams add the mushrooms. Brown them, then reduce heat a bit and add shallots or onion and garlic, season with salt and white pepper and fine black pepper. Add sherry or wine and soy, then let it absorb almost fully. Add flour and stir 1 minute, then whisk in stock and let it bubble. Add whole milk, and let sauce thicken and reduce by about 1/3 while you cook the noodles.
Salt the boiling water. Cook noodles 5 minutes, reserve ½ cup water, then drain.
Add fava, peas or edamame and the tuna to sauce and toss with noodles to coat. Add water if sauce gets to thick. Top noodles with herbs and cornichons to serve.