Rachael's Italian-American Salad
Rachael's French Onion Grilled Cheese and Spring Greens Salad wi…
Rachael's Radish, Fennel and Celery Salad
How To Make Buffalo-Harissa Paillard with Fennel-Celery Salad an…
Rachael's Quick Pickles
Italian Chef Salad
Ghetto Gastro's Cucumber Salad
Rachael's Cauliflower Salad
Rachael's Elderflower Spritzer
Rachael's Tip: Bananasicles
How To Make Traditional Tostadas By Rachael
Rach shows how to make a crisp, refreshing salad that's packed with all the usual suspects found in Italian-American classics. This is just one of the recipes she put on the menu to feed hungry firefighters at the 2nd Annual FDNY Firefighter Challenge Event.
- 3 heads baby Gem romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 english cucumber, diced
- 2 vine tomatoes, chopped (leave seeds in)
- ⅛ cup acacia honey
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 loaf white peasant bread, ½ inch dice
- ½ cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Black pepper
- ½ pound Genoa salami, ½-inch cubes
- ½ pound Capicola, ½ inch cubes
- ½ pound Provolone, ½ inch cubes
- Cherry pepper rings
Place all salad ingredients in a large serving bowl and set aside.
Place all dressing ingredients in a mason jar and shake until combined.
For the croutons, melt the butter into the olive oil on the stove, then grate in garlic. Pour over bread cubes and toss to combine. Toast in a 400˚F oven for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. While warm, toss with parmigiano-reggiano cheese and black pepper.
Serve salad with salami, capicola, provolone, and cherry pepper rings on the side.