How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Sirloin Burgers with Horseradish and G…
How to Make Deviled Steaks and Marcella Hazan-Style Crispy Potat…
How to Make a Smokehouse Stack Burger | Billionaire Burger Boyz
How to Make Spaghetti alla Puttanesca | Rachael Ray
How to Make Lemon Posset | Jacques Pépin
How to Make Grilled Ginger-Sesame Chicken Salad | Curtis Stone
How to Make Oven Fried Chicken
How to Make 4 Mexican-Inspired Dishes with Pan-Roasted Salsa
Rachael Ray In Season Editor-in-Chief Talks Fall 2021 Italian Is…
At Grand Rapids' Amore Trattoria, You Come for the Authentic Ita…
See Rachael's Italian Dream Home In First Look At New Facebook W…
How to Make Spinach Ricotta Gnudi with Tomato Sauce and Crispy G…
How To Make Chicken Cacciatore | Rachael Ray
We Tried The TikTok Watermelon Slicer
How to Make Roasted Eggplant, Pepper and Tomato Pasta | Rachael …
Jessica Alba Surprises Beauty 2 the Streetz Founder Who Makes L…
Jessica Alba on Parenting Her Teen Daughter Honor: "No Matter Wh…
First Look Inside Rachael's Rebuilt Home One Year After Devastat…
How To Make 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
How To Make Thai-Style Pineapple Fried Rice | Jet Tila
Rach shares a new twist on bacon cheeseburgers—plus her top three burger-making tips.
Rach's Top Tips For The Best Burgers Ever
- Use a hot flat surface, preferably a preheated over medium-high heat cast iron skillet.
- Make patties thinner at center than edges for even cooking and score meat into portions before forming patties.
- Toppings should be applied in even layers, edge to edge so that each bite is the same as the next.
May we also suggest that you wash this juicy burger down with John's Pre-Prohibition Martini—a fun twist on a classic combo.
- 8 slices meaty bacon
- 2 pounds ground sirloin (80/20)
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Non-aerosol canola spray
- 8 slices deli-sliced cheddar cheese
- 4 brioche burger rolls, split and lightly toasted
- Finely chopped raw white onion
- Sliced cornichons or pickles or relish
- Leaf or red romaine or watercress and sliced beefsteak tomato
- Steak sauce (Rach likes A1, HP Sauce or XO sauce)
Bake bacon in a 375 °F oven on slotted pan or wire rack-lined baking sheet in preheated oven, center rack until very crisp, cool to handle and chop into 1-inch pieces.
Combine beef with horseradish, Worcestershire, black pepper, salt, and garlic, mix and score meat into 4 portions. Form 4 large patties, thinner at center and thicker at edges.
Preheat cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add a little spray to the pan and cook patties 7 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally, top with 2 slices of cheese per patty to melt in last 2 minutes of cook time.
Build burgers: bun bottom with even layer of chopped white onions, pickles or relish, burger patty, lettuce, tomato, chopped bacon, steak sauce and bun top.