How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Sirloin Burgers with Horseradish and G…
Rachael's Orecchiette With Bacon + More Q & Ray + J Questions An…
This Woman Lost Her House To a Fire On The Same Day Rachael Did …
How To Make Roasted Cauliflower Orecchiette | Atkins Diet Recipe…
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
Rach shares a new twist on bacon cheeseburgers—plus her top three burger-making tips.
Rach's Top Tips For The Best Burgers Ever
- Use a hot flat surface, preferably a preheated over medium-high heat cast iron skillet.
- Make patties thinner at center than edges for even cooking and score meat into portions before forming patties.
- Toppings should be applied in even layers, edge to edge so that each bite is the same as the next.
May we also suggest that you wash this juicy burger down with John's Pre-Prohibition Martini—a fun twist on a classic combo.
- 8 slices meaty bacon
- 2 pounds ground sirloin (80/20)
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Non-aerosol canola spray
- 8 slices deli-sliced cheddar cheese
- 4 brioche burger rolls, split and lightly toasted
- Finely chopped raw white onion
- Sliced cornichons or pickles or relish
- Leaf or red romaine or watercress and sliced beefsteak tomato
- Steak sauce (Rach likes A1, HP Sauce or XO sauce)
Bake bacon in a 375˚ oven on slotted pan or wire rack-lined baking sheet in preheated oven, center rack until very crisp, cool to handle and chop into 1-inch pieces.
Combine beef with horseradish, Worcestershire, black pepper, salt, and garlic, mix and score meat into 4 portions. Form 4 large patties, thinner at center and thicker at edges.
Preheat cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add a little spray to the pan and cook patties 7 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally, top with 2 slices of cheese per patty to melt in last 2 minutes of cook time.
Build burgers: bun bottom with even layer of chopped white onions, pickles or relish, burger patty, lettuce, tomato, chopped bacon, steak sauce and bun top.