How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Sirloin Burgers with Horseradish and G…
Rach's Chicken Riggies + Expert-Picked Style, Design and Tech Es…
Quick Maple Pork Chops With Garlicky Mashed Potatoes + Tom Payne…
Tony Hale Dishes On "I Love Lucy" Film + Rach Makes a Greek Feast
Jessica Alba & Cash Warren's "Double Date" With Rach & John + Ra…
Rach's Bagels 5 Ways (Like Spinach & Artichoke!) + Ham, Egg & Ch…
How To Make Tso Tini Cocktail | John Cusimano
How To Make Rachael's General Tso's Chicken
How To Make Perfectly Charred Carne Asada Tacos with Avocado Cre…
We Surprise The Adorable Couple Behind The Secret @MealsSheEats …
How To Make John's Blackberry-Ginger "House Call Mocktail | John…
What Happens In Your Body When You Eat Whole vs Refined Grains |…
How To Make Pho | Rachael Ray
How To Make Honey Soy Glazed Salmon | Dr. Ian Smith
Deals From Rue La La: Genuine Soft Leather Jackets, Healthy Pres…
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro's Fun Cake Decorating Ideas For Spring
Former Rachael Ray Mag Editor Wrote 365 Thank You Letters In One…
How To Make Meatball Patty Melt Pizzas | Rachael Ray
Buddy Valastro Tells Rach He's at "About 75%" Strength in His Ha…
Buddy Valastro Surprises His Biggest Fan AGAIN—9 Years After Emo…
Jane Lynch Talks Hosting "The Weakest Link" Reboot + Rach Makes …
Rach shares a new twist on bacon cheeseburgers—plus her top three burger-making tips.
Rach's Top Tips For The Best Burgers Ever
- Use a hot flat surface, preferably a preheated over medium-high heat cast iron skillet.
- Make patties thinner at center than edges for even cooking and score meat into portions before forming patties.
- Toppings should be applied in even layers, edge to edge so that each bite is the same as the next.
May we also suggest that you wash this juicy burger down with John's Pre-Prohibition Martini—a fun twist on a classic combo.
- 8 slices meaty bacon
- 2 pounds ground sirloin (80/20)
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Non-aerosol canola spray
- 8 slices deli-sliced cheddar cheese
- 4 brioche burger rolls, split and lightly toasted
- Finely chopped raw white onion
- Sliced cornichons or pickles or relish
- Leaf or red romaine or watercress and sliced beefsteak tomato
- Steak sauce (Rach likes A1, HP Sauce or XO sauce)
Bake bacon in a 375˚ oven on slotted pan or wire rack-lined baking sheet in preheated oven, center rack until very crisp, cool to handle and chop into 1-inch pieces.
Combine beef with horseradish, Worcestershire, black pepper, salt, and garlic, mix and score meat into 4 portions. Form 4 large patties, thinner at center and thicker at edges.
Preheat cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add a little spray to the pan and cook patties 7 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally, top with 2 slices of cheese per patty to melt in last 2 minutes of cook time.
Build burgers: bun bottom with even layer of chopped white onions, pickles or relish, burger patty, lettuce, tomato, chopped bacon, steak sauce and bun top.