Rach's simple bitter greens salad recipe with a quick, zesty vinaigrette is a palate-cleansing antidote to the rich flavors of the holiday season.
She likes to pair this easy, healthy side dish with her Easiest Brisket Ever and Zucchini-Potato Latkes with Za'atar + Butternut Squash Latkes.
- 1 head escarole, chopped
- 1 head radicchio or Treviso, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh parsley tops
- 1 cup celery tops, plus 2 ribs, thinly sliced on bias
- ½ red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 baby beets, shaved with mandolin (optional)
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish or horseradish with beets
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
Combine salad ingredients in large bowl. Whisk up dressing or shake in Mason jar, adjust seasoning. Dress salad and toss to serve.