Food Network star Guy Fieri shares his recipe for the ultimate fried chicken sandwich from the menu of his restaurant Chicken Guy.
Complete the meal with Guy's over-the-top Cereal Milk Milkshakes.
- 4 brioche buns, about 3 ½-inches in diameter, split
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon grated garlic or garlic powder
- 8 Brined & Fried Chicken Tenders
- 4 slices Pepper Jack cheese (about 3 ounces total)
- ¼ cup shaved sweet onion
- About 6 tablespoons Guy's Special Sauce
- 1 jar pickle chips
- 6 tablespoons BBQ sauce (Guy recommends trying out his Bourbon Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce)
- 2 cups coleslaw
- 1 small bag of BBQ-flavored potato chips
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
Stir grated garlic or garlic powder into butter; spread the garlic butter on the cut sides of each bun. Toast butter-side down on the griddle until golden brown, then flip the bun and toast on the outside for 5 seconds.
Arrange the fried chicken tenders on a parchment-lined baking sheet, top each with a half-slice of cheese and bake until cheese melts, about 3 minutes.
Dress the buttered sides of each brioche bun with about 2 teaspoons Special Sauce. Divide the onion among the buns, add some pickle chips, then arrange the chicken tenders on top. Drizzle each sandwich with about 2 teaspoons BBQ sauce then top with about ½ cup coleslaw and a few potato chips, then set the bun tops into place to finish the sandwich.