The holidays are upon us and that means house guests, parties, and gifts – which can really put a strain on our wallets! Author of Rustic Joyful Food, Danielle Kartes shares one of her favorite budget-friendly crowd-pleasers below.
For this recipe, Danielle uses leftover meat from her Braised Country-Style Spare Ribs with Caramelized Mushrooms.
Watch her show you how to shop on a budget here and check out the rest of her budget-friendly menu that’ll help you feed holiday houseguests for a WEEK for only $100:
- Two 16-ounce bags tortilla chips
- 2 cups leftover shredded country-style pork spare ribs
- 6 cups shredded cheddar or jack cheese
- Three 15-ounce cans beans, rinsed and drained
- One 15-ounce can black olives, drained and diced
- 1 bunch scallions, diced
- 2 cups seeded and diced tomatoes
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
Preheat oven to 375˚F. On 2 lined baking sheets, arrange tortilla chips in an even layer and top with shredded pork, cheese, beans, olives, scallions, tomatoes and jalapeno in that order. Bake until cheese melts and chips are crisp, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve topped with cilantro, sour cream and salsa.