A chaffle (aka cheese waffle) is a keto, low-carb alternative to a traditional waffle — but it's just as delicious, thanks to Chef Ronnie Woo's recipe.
Chef Ronnie Woo's Chaffle Suggestions:
- Pizza Chaffles (tomato sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni slices)
- Breakfast Sandwich (mayonnaise, slice of cheese, deli meat, soft scrambled eggs, hot sauce)
- Blueberry Chaffles (add frozen blueberries, top with butter and maple syrup)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, more if you prefer
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
Preheat your waffle maker.
In a bowl, mix together the egg, mozzarella cheese, almond flour, baking powder, and vanilla extract. Pour the batter into the center of the waffle maker and let cook for 3-4 minutes (flip halfway through if your waffle maker allows), until golden brown.
Serve with desired toppings.