This creamy cheese ball is shaped like a football and uses American cheese strips to mimic "stripes" and "laces."
- Two 8-ounce bricks cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sharp yellow cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Monterey or Pepper Jack cheese
- 2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- One 4-ounce jar chopped pimento, drained well
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- Frank’s RedHot hot sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground pimenton/smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- A few slices white American cheese
- Pretzel chips
- Red pepper strips
- Celery sticks
- Tortilla chips
- Assorted crackers
Combine the cheeses, onion, garlic, Worcestershire, pimento, scallions and hot sauce and place on plastic wrap. Form a football shape and wrap and chill.
Mix spices for coating and sprinkle an even layer over the football. Slice the American cheese into strips and create "stripes" on ends of the ball and "laces."
Surround the cheese ball with pretzel chips, peppers and celery, chips or crackers.