How To Make Cheese Fondue By Rachael
How To Make Garlic Bread Mac & Cheese By Rachael
Irish Whiskey and Beer Cheese Fondue
How Many Wings Can Curtis Stone Make in 10 Minutes? Plus, Clinto…
How To Make Garlic Bread By Rachael
How To Make Smoky Salsa by Rachael
How To Make Sourdough Croutons By Rachael
How To Make Cider Chicken with Cream By Rachael
How To Make Cheddar Mashed Potatoes By Rachael
How To Make Roasted Garlic By Rachael
How To Make a Mushroom-Swiss Burger By Rachael
Rach shows you how to make fondue the way the Swiss do, with garlic and a touch of brandy.
For ideas on what foods to dip, Rach likes to use the following:
- Torn breads, per 4 cups use 2 tablespoons EVOO, melt in 2 tablespoons butter, add torn bread and turn to coat evenly, season with kosher salt and pepper, and roast at 400˚F to brown until crispy and golden.
- Garlicky sausages, simmered to cook through, then casings crisped in lightly oiled cast iron or nonstick skillet. Slice 1-inch-thick on a slight bias cut.
- Sirloin tips, patted dry and well-seasoned with salt and pepper, cooked in a little olive oil in cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Large white mushroom caps, cooked in EVOO and butter to brown, add salt, pepper, fresh thyme, finish with brandy or sherry and let it absorb.
- Pearl onions, blanched and peeled, cooked in butter and water or chicken stock until very tender, top with a sprinkle of sugar, salt, white pepper and chopped fresh parsley.
- Baby white-skinned potatoes, boiled in salted water until just tender, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Blanched and cold-shocked vegetables: broccolini florets, cauliflower florets, radishes, asparagus trimmed of tough ends.
- Grape or cherry heirloom multicolored tomatoes
- ½ pound gruyère cheese (8 ounces)
- ½ pound fontina (8 ounces)
- ½ pound gouda (8 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ½ cups sauvignon blanc
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, pasted
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoons brandy, armagnac or kirsch
- About ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
Shred cheeses. In a mixing bowl, combine shredded cheeses and toss with cornstarch.
In a small Dutch oven or heat-safe fondue pot, combine wine with lemon juice and garlic and bring to a steady simmer over medium-low heat. A few handfuls at a time, stir and melt in cheeses with a wooden spoon. Add mustard, brandy, nutmeg and white pepper. Place the pot of fondue over low-flame heat to keep warm and insert fondue forks in cheese pot. Arrange dippers of choice on large board surrounding the fondue.