Cheesy, bacon-studded hasselback potatoes make the perfect side dish.
Rach likes to serve these with her Texas Chicken-Fried Steak & Creamed Gravy.
- 4 large Russet potatoes, scrubbed and pat dry
- 6 tablespoons cold butter (pop in freezer for a few), very thinly sliced
- Olive oil non-aerosol spray
- Salt and pepper
- 12 ounces Colby or sharp yellow cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 slices meaty bacon
- Finely chopped dill and chives, to serve
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
Thinly slice each potato just about ¾ of the way through and tuck in thin slices of really cold butter. Spray potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Roast 45 minutes, remove and cool 5 minutes. Tuck in and top with cheese and bake 15 minutes more along with the bacon to crisp. Remove and cover potatoes to keep hot. Chop bacon into bits and top potatoes, garnish with herbs.