How To Make Chicken Adobo By Rachael
How To Make Root Vegetable Puree | Amanda Freitag
Gina Torres On "9-1-1: Lone Star" Co-Star Rob Lowe: "It's a litt…
The Right Ways To Store Bras | You're Doing It Wrong | Expert Br…
5 Bras You Need NOW | Bra Fitting Expert Kimmay Caldwell
How To Make Creamy Mustard Sauce | Amanda Freitag
How To Make Garlic Herb Roast Chicken with Potatoes | Rachael Ray
How To Make Honey-Glazed Pork Tenderloin | Amanda Freitag
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
The Covid Vaccines Explained | Physician + "Doctors" Host Dr. Ia…
This braised chicken dish is the ultimate Filipino comfort food, a saucy dish of dark meat (chicken drums & thighs) spooned over rice and garnished with fresh greens.
"Inspired by Lou Diamond Phillips' recent visit to our show," Rach says. "This is an easy Filipino classic two-pot—one for chicken, one for the rice."
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 8 pieces bone-in, skin-on chicken, 4 meaty drums and 4 thighs
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- 2 jalapeño peppers, stemmed and very thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 bulb garlic, crushed and skins removed
- ¾ cup white vinegar or sherry vinegar
- ¾ cup soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons pourable light-brown sugar
- 4-5 large bay leaves, fresh
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 1 cup water
- 4-5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 ¼ cups white rice
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Finely chopped cilantro or parsley, for garnish
- Sliced scallions, for garnish
Heat a dutch oven over medium-high heat, add EVOO, 2 turns of the pan, add chicken skin-side down and brown 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove chicken to plate.
Add pepper, 1 sliced jalapeño and garlic to pan, stir a minute. Add vinegar, soy and sugar, bay leaves, bring to boil, add back chicken, lower heat to simmer and cover 30-35 minutes.
For rice, bring bone broth and water to boil, add garlic and rice, cover and cook 15-18 minutes over low heat, remove from heat, fluff with fork.
Remove chicken to platter, cover with foil and reduce sauce 5 minutes over medium-high heat, return chicken to pan and coat, remove from heat.
Serve chicken on a bed of rice and top with thinly sliced remaining jalapeño pepper and cilantro or parsley and scallions and sesame seeds.