This hearty soup from one of our "Fantasy Foodball" competitors triples-up on chicken with the addition of flavorful chicken thighs, chicken broth and chicken bone broth.
Try the other recipes that competed in our "Fantasy Foodball" competition:
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound skinless chicken thighs
- About 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 1 crown broccoli, shaved into small pieces
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup bella mushrooms, diced
- 1 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- A few cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper
- One 32-ounce carton chicken broth
- One 32-ounce carton chicken bone broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- A few sprigs rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- Two 12-ounce packages zucchini noodles (zoodles) or one 12-ounce package extra broad noodles
In a skillet, 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, cayenne pepper and garlic salt and saute until cooked through.
In a large pot, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables, season with salt and pepper, and cook until softened. Add the chicken and any pan juices along with the chicken broth, bone broth, and herbs. Bring to a boil, them simmer for at least 30 minutes. Add the zoodles or noodles and heat until cooked through. Season to taste.