How To Make Chicken Milanese With Asparagus & Arugula Salad | #S…
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
Rach's Chicken Milanese (chicken cutlets that are breaded & fried) is served with a crunchy salad of shaved asparagus + arugula.
If you want to make this vegetarian, sub in eggplant planks for the chicken, recommends Rach. Cut into long, thin strips (lengthwise), salt & press them before breading and frying.
Try pairing this with John's Frozen Lemonade cocktail for a tasty warm-weather meal.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- About 1 ½ cups flour, for dusting
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko
- 1 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground fennel or dried fennel pollen
- 1 tablespoon pepperoncini or crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- Safflower oil or olive oil, for shallow frying (about 1 cup)
- 12 asparagus spears, shaved thin
- 1 fennel, cored and very thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese shavings
- 2 to 3 ribs celery, very thinly sliced
- 3 lemons, juiced
- Kosher salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
For the chicken Milanese, remove tenders from each breast. Butterfly-cut each breast open by halving horizontally but not all the way through. Pound chicken cutlets to be ⅛-inch-thick and season with salt and pepper.
Line up 3 shallow bowls for the cutlet breading station. Add flour to one, eggs to one and combine panko, breadcrumbs, parm, lemon zest and spices in the last one. Season each with salt and pepper.
Dredge chicken in the flour, shake off excess, coat in egg, drain off excess, and then coat with breading, pressing so the crumbs adhere.
Heat a shallow layer of oil in large pan over medium to medium-high heat, about ⅛ inch deep. Cook 2 to 3 cutlets at a time along with the tenders and brown 2 to 3 minutes on each side, then drain on wire-rack lined pan. Hold in a 275˚F oven to keep crisp while you make the salad.
For the salad, soak shaved asparagus in a bowl of ice water so they curl. Combine arugula, fennel, red onion, parm shavings and celery in a bowl. Drain asparagus, then add to bowl and dress with lemon juice. Season with salt and drizzle with olive oil. Gently toss.
Serve cutlets and tenders topped with salad.