How To Make Chicken Schnitzel By Rachael
Coach Rob Mendez, Football Coach Born Without Limbs, Tells His I…
How to Make a Strawberry Negroni | John Cusimano
How to Make Baked Fish with Bay and Breadcrumbs | Rachael Ray
Justin Long on Directing His First Movie, Lady of the Manor + Th…
How to Make Deviled Steaks and Marcella Hazan-Style Crispy Potat…
Rachael's Husband, John, Tells Kate Hudson He Wants to Hang Out …
How to Make a Smokehouse Stack Burger | Billionaire Burger Boyz
How to Make Spaghetti alla Puttanesca | Rachael Ray
How to Make Lemon Posset | Jacques Pépin
How to Make Oven Fried Chicken
How to Make Grilled Ginger-Sesame Chicken Salad | Curtis Stone
How to Make 4 Mexican-Inspired Dishes with Pan-Roasted Salsa
Rachael Ray In Season Editor-in-Chief Talks Fall 2021 Italian Is…
At Grand Rapids' Amore Trattoria, You Come for the Authentic Ita…
See Rachael's Italian Dream Home In First Look At New Facebook W…
How to Make Spinach Ricotta Gnudi with Tomato Sauce and Crispy G…
How To Make Chicken Cacciatore | Rachael Ray
We Tried The TikTok Watermelon Slicer
How to Make Roasted Eggplant, Pepper and Tomato Pasta | Rachael …
Crunchy, breaded cutlets get a crisp salad of frisée lettuce, endive, apples and radishes in Rach's latest twist on Chicken Schnitzel.
"You can also make this recipe with boneless pork loin chops," Rach says. "Trim the chops of any fat before you butterfly them."
When she made this dish on the show, she was joined in the kitchen by a special guest: "Good Day LA" anchor Rita Garcia!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 6 to 8 ounces each
- Salt and pepper
- About ¾ cups flour
- 3 large eggs
- About ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ¼ cups dried breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- About ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Oil, for frying
- About 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tablespoons grated shallot
- 1 lemon, ½ juiced (about 2 tablespoons) and ½ cut into 4 wedges
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or sherry vinegar
- About 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- About 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 small head frisée, trimmed and leaves separated
- 1 head endive, thinly sliced
- 1 small apple (such as Pink Lady or Honeycrisp), quartered, cored, and thinly sliced with skin-on
- 2 large radishes or watermelon radish, cut into matchsticks
Cut each chicken breast horizontally, almost in half. Open like a book and place between 2 sheets of plastic wrap or parchment paper. Using the flat side of a mallet, pound the chicken to ⅛ to ¼ inch thick; season with salt and pepper.
In shallow bowl, place the flour. In another shallow bowl, beat the eggs, milk and 2 tablespoons Dijon. In a third shallow bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, granulated garlic, granulated onion, and nutmeg. Working in batches, dredge the chicken in the flour and shake off any excess. Add the chicken to the eggs and turn until coated, letting any excess egg drip back into the bowl. Pat the cutlets firmly into the breadcrumbs.
Set a wire rack inside a rimmed baking sheet. In a large skillet, heat about ¼ inch of the frying oil over medium to medium-high. Working in batches, cook the cutlets, turning once, until deep golden and crispy, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer the cutlets to the wire rack.
In a large bowl, whisk the EVOO, shallot, lemon juice, vinegar, thyme, honey and remaining 1 teaspoon Dijon. Toss with the frisée, endive, apple and radishes; season the salad.
Top the cutlets with the salad. Serve with the lemon wedges.