How To Make Chickpea Noodle Soup By Rachael
How To Make Root Vegetable Puree | Amanda Freitag
Gina Torres On "9-1-1: Lone Star" Co-Star Rob Lowe: "It's a litt…
The Right Ways To Store Bras | You're Doing It Wrong | Expert Br…
How To Make Creamy Mustard Sauce | Amanda Freitag
5 Bras You Need NOW | Bra Fitting Expert Kimmay Caldwell
How To Make Garlic Herb Roast Chicken with Potatoes | Rachael Ray
How To Make Honey-Glazed Pork Tenderloin | Amanda Freitag
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
Rach teaches ABC News' Chief Meteorologist Ginger Zee how to make an easy and healthy soup, perfect for feeding Ginger's family on a weeknight.
"We have a little segment throughout the season where we call cooking at the top of the show 'Food For Thought,' and we think about different diets," Rachael explains.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery with leafy tops, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, grated or chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander, ⅓ palmful
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, ⅓ palmful
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric, or 1 inch freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger, or 1 inch freshly grated
- Two 14-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and one pureed in a food processor
- 2 quarts vegetable stock
- 1 bunch chard, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as chives, dill and parsley or cilantro
Heat a soup pot over medium-high heat with oil, 2 turns of the pan, add carrots, celery, onions, leeks and garlic (Rach uses her multi-grater to grate the garlic directly into the pot), season with salt and pepper, bay, cumin, coriander, turmeric, and ginger, sweat for 8 to 10 minutes, half covered and stirring often. Add chickpeas and stock, bring to boil, wilt in chard, cook noodles*, add lemon juice to serve and garnish with chives, dill and parsley or cilantro.
*Rach's Tip: Cook the egg noodles separately and drizzle with oil if not serving the whole pot of soup immediately.