How To Make Chili-Cheese Dogs By Rachael
This Video of Rach's Number One Feline Fan Watching Her Cook on …
Anthony Michael Hall Talks "Halloween Kills" Story: "It's classi…
You're Doing It Wrong: How to Burn + Extinguish Your Candles So …
How to Make Crispy Skin Chicken with 5-Spice and Sichuan Pepper …
How to Make Bifteki (Greek Burger Patties) | Rachael Ray
How to Tell if Someone's Been in Your House While You're Away, A…
First Makeover Back in the Studio is for a Deserving Woman Who's…
Jeremy Sisto Teases Loophole That Could Allow Him to Make an App…
How to Kick Out a Car Window If You're Kidnapped | Former CIA Of…
This 16-Year-Old Started Her Secret Identity Movement for All Wo…
How to Transition Back to "Real Clothes" with Comfortable Staple…
How to Make Chicken with Apples and Pears and Cheesy Potatoes | …
Why New York Times-Bestselling Thriller Writer Brad Meltzer Was …
Jennifer Tilly on Her Chucky Character Never Aging: "It's Really…
Family-Run Vietnamese Restaurant Lilly's Cafe Is Still a New Orl…
How to Make Corn Crème Brûlée | Richard Blais
How to Make Charred Radicchio Salad | Rachael Ray
How to Make Butter-Basted Ribeye Steaks | Richard Blais
How to Make Bucatini with Creamy Bacon and Onion Sauce | Rachael…
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground beef, 80%
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and stemmed and finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped or grated
- 1 inch peeled ginger root, grated (or ½ teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- ½ cup ketchup, preferred brand Sir Kensington's
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, such as Frank's RedHot (or to taste)
- 6-8 hot dogs, beef or pork
- Melted butter, for brushing rolls
- 6-8 top-split hot dog rolls
- 1 ½ cups shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese, 1 sack
- Finely chopped white onions or relish or chopped pickles
- Yellow mustard
Heat a pot over medium-high heat, add oil, finely crumble and brown meat. Add salt and pepper, onions, jalapeño peppers, garlic, ginger, chili powder, paprika, cumin, coriander, and paste, stir 2 minutes. Add Worcestershire, stock, ketchup and hot sauce, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
Simmer dogs in 1-inch water at low rolling boil to heat through.
Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
Butter and grill rolls and remove from pan.
Split the dogs lengthwise to butterfly open and crisp skins and the split sides.
Serve dogs in rolls with cheese, top with chili, onions, relish/pickles and mustard.