"This is easy to keep in the pantry for weeks and is a great use-up of chili products if you keep a lot on hand," Rach says. She likes to use it in her MYOTO recipe for Spicy Cumin Lamb, Beef or Pork with Wide Noodles + Crushed Cucumber Salad.
- 2 tablespoons chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons chili-garlic paste or sauce
- 1 teaspoon 5-spice powder
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 inch ginger, sliced
- ½ cup neutral oil
- 2 teaspoons ground Sichuan pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Combine ingredients and store in a small jar.