- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- ½ cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Dash ground white pepper
- One 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk or cream (depending on how rich you like your soup - you can also use sour cream if you prefer a thicker, slightly tangier soup)
- Lemon slices (optional)
Place avocados, cilantro, lemon juice, salt, onion powder, and white pepper in a blender jar or food processor bowl. Add chicken broth; cover and blend or process until smooth. Transfer to a glass bowl. Stir in milk, cream or sour cream. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 8 hours.
Stir before serving. Season to taste with additional salt and white pepper. If necessary, stir in more milk to reach desired consistency. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.