Rach's husband John gives the margarita a spicy and refreshing twist by adding in muddled fresh cucumber and jalapeño.
"You can make it with just cucumber if you just want a cool, refreshing drink," Rach says. "If you want to add just a little bit of spice, take out the inside of the chile."
- ½ jalapeño, seeded (optional)
- 2 to 3 inches seedless cucumber, peeled and sliced, plus 2 slices for garnish
- About ⅓ cup silver tequila
- About ⅓ cup elderflower liqueur (such as St Germain)
- About ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
In a cocktail shaker, combine jalapeño, if using, and cucumber and muddle to release juices. Add tequila, St Germaine, and lime juice. Fill with ice, then cover and shake vigorously to combine. Strain into 2 ice-filled glasses. Garnish with cucumber slices.
Always drink responsibly.