Rach likes to toast whole spices then grind together for her homemade curry spice blend.
Rach likes to use this to make her Chickpea Curry. For more of Rach's favorite recipes you can make with a can of chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans), check out her Basic Hummus and One-Pot Chickpea Pasta.
Note that you don't have to be exact. These measurements are rough guidelines; it's OK to eyeball it.
- About 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- About 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- About 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- About 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- About 1 teaspoon cardamom seeds
- About ½ teaspoon white peppercorns
- About ½ teaspoon black peppercorns
- About ¼ cinnamon stick
- About 1 teaspoon Aleppo chili powder
- About 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seed