- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- One 16-ounce bag chopped frozen spinach, defrosted, wrung dry and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1-1 ½ cups grilled artichoke hearts, chopped (packaged from produce department or jarred, drained)
- One 8-ounce brick cream cheese
- About ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, zested and half juiced
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella (½ cup)
- 8 x 12 focaccia OR 4 individual flatbreads
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella (1 ½ cups)
- ¼ cup Pecorino Romano cheese
Preheat oven to 400˚F for pizzas.
Heat a medium cast-iron skillet over medium heat with olive oil, add garlic and stir a minute. Add spinach and season with salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, nutmeg (Rach uses her multi-grater), lemon zest, add artichokes and heat, add cheeses, yogurt and lemon juice and melt ingredients into a uniform thick but even mixture, broil to brown. Top bread and add more cheeses, bake to brown and bubbly.