Rach makes a "Stupid Good, Silly Easy Tray Bake" of sausages, apples, fennel, onion & fingerling potatoes.
- 2 crisp apples, ½-inch wedges or chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 1 bulb fennel, thin wedges
- 1 large onion or 2 medium onions, peeled and root attached, thin wedges
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, halved
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Acacia honey
- 3 sprigs rosemary, stripped and chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 10 to 12 leaves sage, stacked and very thinly sliced or chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- About ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- 6 links Italian sausage, pork, chicken or plant-based, skins pricked with tines of fork
Preheat the oven to 425˚F.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, toss the apples, fennel, onion, and potatoes with lemon, honey, herbs, olive oil, salt and pepper, then spread on tray and nestle in the sausages. Roast about 35 minutes until juices run clear and potatoes are tender.
To plate, halve 2 sausages to allow 1½ sausages per adult portion and about ¼ of the apples, fennel, onions and potatoes.