How To Make English Muffin BEC (Bacon, Egg & Cheese) Burgers wit…
Coach Rob Mendez, Football Coach Born Without Limbs, Tells His I…
How to Make a Strawberry Negroni | John Cusimano
How to Make Baked Fish with Bay and Breadcrumbs | Rachael Ray
Justin Long on Directing His First Movie, Lady of the Manor + Th…
Rachael's Husband, John, Tells Kate Hudson He Wants to Hang Out …
How to Make Deviled Steaks and Marcella Hazan-Style Crispy Potat…
How to Make a Smokehouse Stack Burger | Billionaire Burger Boyz
How to Make Spaghetti alla Puttanesca | Rachael Ray
How to Make Lemon Posset | Jacques Pépin
How to Make Grilled Ginger-Sesame Chicken Salad | Curtis Stone
How to Make Oven Fried Chicken
How to Make 4 Mexican-Inspired Dishes with Pan-Roasted Salsa
Rachael Ray In Season Editor-in-Chief Talks Fall 2021 Italian Is…
At Grand Rapids' Amore Trattoria, You Come for the Authentic Ita…
See Rachael's Italian Dream Home In First Look At New Facebook W…
How to Make Spinach Ricotta Gnudi with Tomato Sauce and Crispy G…
How To Make Chicken Cacciatore | Rachael Ray
We Tried The TikTok Watermelon Slicer
How to Make Roasted Eggplant, Pepper and Tomato Pasta | Rachael …
Rach shares a delicious burger-breakfast sandwich mash-up that’s great for for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Rach's Pro Tip: The tomato jam will keep 10 days to 2 weeks in fridge. Serve leftovers with soft cheese and crackers, on hot dogs or in sandwiches.
For a healthy twist on the classic Bacon, Egg & Cheese breakfast sandwich, check out this recipe, or try a French Toast version inspired by the egg sandwich that went viral on TikTok.
- 2 pounds Roma tomatoes, cored and chopped — leave skins intact
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 jalapeño or red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- About 1 teaspoon teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne, or 1 teaspoon cayenne hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon smoked cinnamon or ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground clove or allspice
- 6 slices meaty bacon, halved for 12 short-cut slices total
- 1½ pounds ground sirloin/beef (80/20%) or equal amounts ground beef and bulk breakfast sausage combined
- Salt and pepper
- ½ tablespoon canola or olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced or shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 medium eggs
- About 4 teaspoons butter for eggs
- 4 English muffins, sandwich size or thick specialty muffins of choice, lightly toasted
- Sliced pickles, to serve
- Finely chopped white onion, to serve
- Finely chopped iceberg lettuce, to serve
For the tomato jam, bring chopped tomatoes to a boil in medium saucepot. Add light brown sugar, pepper, ginger, garlic, granulated onion, ground cumin, salt, cayenne, cinnamon and clove or allspice. Reduce heat to low and simmer 1 hour stirring frequently or until the consistency of jam. Transfer to a jar with a tight lid and let cool before refrigerating.
For the BEC (bacon, egg & cheese) burgers, preheat oven to 375˚F and bake bacon to very crisp on slotted pan or wire rack-lined baking sheet for 15 to 18 minutes.
Season beef; if using a combination of beef and sausage, do not season the sausage. Form 4 patties of all beef or beef and sausage with edges a little thicker than center of patties for even cooking.
Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat for burgers. Add a drizzle of oil and cook patties about 6 minutes, turning after 3 to 4, top with cheese to melt, remove to plate.
Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat or 2 small skillets if you have 2, with a dab of butter and add an egg, season with salt and pepper and cover, cook egg to medium or well, remove to plate and repeat.
Assemble: toasted English muffin bottom with pickles, onions and lettuce, cheeseburger, egg, 3 short slices of crisp bacon across egg, tomato jam slathered all over English muffin top.