These muffins made with whole wheat flour are packed with grated fruits and vegetables, chopped nuts and seeds and dried fruit.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 cup Truvia Cane Sugar Blend
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups grated vegetable, such as carrot, sweet potato, beet, or zucchini
- 1 cup grated green apple
- 1/2 cup dried fruit, such as golden raisins, dried cranberries, or dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts or seeds, such as almonds, walnuts, pepitas seeds, and sunflower seeds, plus more for topping
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
In a large bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, flour, coconut flakes, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, mash banana with a fork. Add Truvia Cane Sugar Blend, coconut oil and eggs. Whisk until smooth. Using a rubber spatula, mix in the grated vegetables, grated apple, dried fruit and nuts. Once mixed, pour the liquid mixture into the dry. Fold to combine.
Using an ice cream scoop, divide mixture between 18 muffin tins lined with a paper liner. Sprinkle with chopped nuts or seeds.
Bake for 25 minutes. Remove and let cool.