Mild fish, such as branzino/Dorade, red snapper, flounder or halibut is baked in parchment with veggies & herbs then topped with a bright & tangy olive sauce.
- 4 large squares or pre-cut half-sheet-size parchment paper
- 2 small Russet potatoes, peeled and mandolin or thinly sliced
- 4 store-bought, cooked artichoke hearts, quartered (look for the kind that come with the stems still attached, packaged in marinade, grilled or charred, such as Monterey brand, in pouches in the fresh produce section or at some deli counters)
- 1 small bulb fennel (or ½ large bulb fennel), core removed and mandolin or thinly sliced
- 2 medium leeks (1 large leek), halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- 4 filets mild fish, such as branzino/Dorade, red snapper, flounder or halibut (about 6-7 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped herbs (such as parsley and tarragon or parsley and thyme)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- A splash of wine, per pouch
- 4 long curls lemon zest
- About 1 ½ cups Castelvetrano Sicilian bright green pitted olives or other buttery green pitted Italian olives
- 4-5 filets good anchovies
- 3-4 small cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- ½ lemon, juiced
- About ⅓ - ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Preheat oven to 425˚F with rack 1 rung above center.
Arrange 4 sheets parchment. Working on one side, arrange potatoes, artichokes, fennel, leek, garlic, EVOO and salt, then top with fish, herbs, salt and pepper, a tablespoon of butter, add a splash of wine and place a large curl of thinly shaved lemon zest over top of fish. Tightly seal the pouches at edges and place pouches on large foil- or Silpat-lined baking sheet for easy cleaning. Roast 18-20 minutes and cut open in shallow bowls or rimmed plates at table using kitchen scissors.
While the fish is in the oven, whizz up the green olive sauce ingredients in a high-power blender, such as Vitamix, to a smooth light green sauce—which is good on pretty much anything from steak to vegetables. Serve over the fish.