Split-top buns and fresh lobster meat are key ingredients in these New England-style lobster sliders from one of our "Fantasy Foodball" competitors.
Try the other recipes that were entered in our "Fantasy Foodball" competition:
- Meat from 3 fresh lobsters
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 sweet onion, finely diced
- Kosher sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 stick (½ cup) butter
- 12 New England-style split-top hot dog rolls
Rinse lobster meat in cold water and pat dry. In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add vegetables, season with salt and pepper to taste, and cook until softened. Add lobster meat and 7 tablespoons butter, cover and heat until cooked through.
Split hot dog rolls, brush with butter and toast. Fill rolls with lobster mixture and serve immediately.