Lifestyle expert Tommy DiDario shares an almond butter-based version of Pumpkin Spice Muffins that are gluten-free and dairy-free. He prefers Enjoy Life 69% Cacao Dark Chocolate Chips because they have less sugar than many other brands.
Pro Tip: Use a big measuring cup for an easy pour and less mess when doling out the batter.
- Coconut oil cooking spray (optional)
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 1 dash ground cinnamon (optional)
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spray a 12-cup standard muffin pan with coconut oil or line with paper liners.
Combine all remaining ingredients, aside from the chocolate chips, in a large bowl and mix until a smooth batter forms. Gently mix in the chocolate chips.
Divide batter evenly into the 12 muffin cups and bake until a fork inserted in the center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes.