- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 ounce pancetta, finely chopped
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, shaved on mandolin or very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 cup mushroom, chicken or beef stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 4 to 6 portions prepared uncooked gnocchi
In a large pan, add 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add pancetta and render until crisp. Add mushrooms and cook, undisturbed, for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the shallot, garlic, capers, and rosemary, and cook for 1 minute more, then finish with the lemon juice. Add the white wine and let it cook off, then add the stock and cook until reduced by half. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and chopped parsley, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the gnocchi for 1 to 2 minutes, until they float to the top, and transfer to the sauce. Fold in the parmesan by swirling the mixture gently, adding gnocchi cooking water to loosen, if needed.