How To Make Greek Fish Or Chicken In Parchment | Rachael Ray
How To Make Soufflé Pancakes with Blueberry Jam | Kid Chef Matth…
How To Make Fried Rice | Geoffrey, Madeline and Anna Zakarian
How To Make Ham, Egg + Cheese Hash Brown Waffles | BLD Recipe
Rach's Chicken Riggies + Expert-Picked Style, Design and Tech Es…
Quick Maple Pork Chops With Garlicky Mashed Potatoes + Tom Payne…
Tony Hale Dishes On "I Love Lucy" Film + Rach Makes a Greek Feast
Jessica Alba & Cash Warren's "Double Date" With Rach & John + Ra…
Rach's Bagels 5 Ways (Like Spinach & Artichoke!) + Ham, Egg & Ch…
How To Make Tso Tini Cocktail | John Cusimano
How To Make Rachael's General Tso's Chicken
How To Make Perfectly Charred Carne Asada Tacos with Avocado Cre…
We Surprise The Adorable Couple Behind The Secret @MealsSheEats …
How To Make John's Blackberry-Ginger "House Call Mocktail | John…
What Happens In Your Body When You Eat Whole vs Refined Grains |…
How To Make Pho | Rachael Ray
How To Make Honey Soy Glazed Salmon | Dr. Ian Smith
Deals From Rue La La: Genuine Soft Leather Jackets, Healthy Pres…
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro's Fun Cake Decorating Ideas For Spring
Former Rachael Ray Mag Editor Wrote 365 Thank You Letters In One…
How To Make Meatball Patty Melt Pizzas | Rachael Ray
Rach makes a quick, easy and healthy recipe of fish or chicken baked in parchment paper pouches—an easy method she learned from her mom.
"I use store-bought entrée-sized parchment bags, widely available and super convenient for this method of cooking," Rach says. "Or, cut large, heart-shaped pieces of parchment from half-sheet-sized cut paper and roll edges to form empanada-shaped pouches. My family likes this dish served with a side of rice pilaf."
Try pairing this recipe with John's Blood Orange Collins cocktail.
- Four 6- to 7-ounce portions thick pieces of cod or sustainable meaty white fish of choice, OR four 6- to 7-ounce pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- About ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest and 1 tablespoon juice
- A splash of white wine or dry vermouth, about 3 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated or chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano, or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 cup cubed feta cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved, or ¾ cup drained semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives, crushed or coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion or 2 shallots, chopped or thinly sliced
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley tops
- 8 thin slices lemon
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
Season fish or chicken with salt and pepper. Whisk up dressing (EVOO, lemon zest and juice, white wine, red pepper flakes, garlic, and oregano), turn the cod or chicken in it, and marinate for 30 to 60 minutes if you have the time. Combine feta, tomatoes, olives, onions and parsley tops with a fat drizzle of EVOO and salt and pepper. Fill bags or top parchment with a bed of these ingredients, then top with fish or chicken and sliced lemon, roll tightly to seal and roast 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes and serve in pouches.