How To Make Greek Fish Or Chicken In Parchment | Rachael Ray
How to Make Spiked Hot Chocolate Hazelnut Mudslides | Sunny Ande…
Jamie Lee Curtis Has an Adorable Proud Godmother Moment for Gods…
What Are Rachael's Favorite Plant-Based Meals to Make? | Q & Ray…
Jamie Lee Curtis On Her "Halloween Kills" Character Laurie "Soft…
How to Make Marinated Beef Filet Bites with Spinach Rice Pilaf (…
How to Make German Chocolate Cookies | Sunny Anderson
How to Make Chocolate-Hazelnut Puff Pastry Twists
How to Make Everything Puff Pastry Pigs in a Blanket
Black-ish Star Anthony Anderson Teases Final Season Surprises: "…
Baby Nursery Tour: Style Expert + Host Lilliana Vazquez Shows In…
How to Make Bacon, Egg and Cheese Toast Cups
Anthony Anderson's Mom Put Acting Dreams Aside to Raise Him—But …
How to Make Rotisserie Chicken and Scallion Noodles | Rachael Ray
Our First Guest Back in the Studio Is Legendary Chef Jacques Pép…
How to Make Chile Verde Tacos de Picadillo | Rachael Ray
Rach Returns to Studio in New Set Kitchen: Watch Her Welcome Our…
José Andrés Makes a Fridge-Hunting Tuna Salad
Bob Harper Needed a Letter of Recommendation for His New NYC Hom…
Inside Rachael & John's Dreamy 16th Anniversary Celebration at T…
Rach makes a quick, easy and healthy recipe of fish or chicken baked in parchment paper pouches—an easy method she learned from her mom.
"I use store-bought entrée-sized parchment bags, widely available and super convenient for this method of cooking," Rach says. "Or, cut large, heart-shaped pieces of parchment from half-sheet-sized cut paper and roll edges to form empanada-shaped pouches. My family likes this dish served with a side of rice pilaf."
Try pairing this recipe with John's Blood Orange Collins cocktail.
- Four 6- to 7-ounce portions thick pieces of cod or sustainable meaty white fish of choice, OR four 6- to 7-ounce pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- About ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest and 1 tablespoon juice
- A splash of white wine or dry vermouth, about 3 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated or chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano, or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 cup cubed feta cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved, or ¾ cup drained semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives, crushed or coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion or 2 shallots, chopped or thinly sliced
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley tops
- 8 thin slices lemon
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
Season fish or chicken with salt and pepper. Whisk up dressing (EVOO, lemon zest and juice, white wine, red pepper flakes, garlic, and oregano), turn the cod or chicken in it, and marinate for 30 to 60 minutes if you have the time. Combine feta, tomatoes, olives, onions and parsley tops with a fat drizzle of EVOO and salt and pepper. Fill bags or top parchment with a bed of these ingredients, then top with fish or chicken and sliced lemon, roll tightly to seal and roast 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes and serve in pouches.