Juicy summer tomatoes and cucumbers start to really shine once Rach adds the zesty Mediterranean flavors of lemon, olives and fresh herbs.
Pair Rach's Greek Relish with the ultimate summer menu of Greek Kebabs—or "Ke-BOBs," as Rach likes to call them, in honor of virtually cooking this feast with her friend Bob Harper:
- ½ seedless cucumber or 3 Persian cucumbers, diced ¼-inch
- 1 large heirloom or beefsteak tomato or 2 vine tomatoes, seeded and diced ¼-inch
- 1 medium Vidalia or other sweet onion, peeled, halved and chopped
- ¾ to 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- One handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- About 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
Combine ingredients and chill until ready to serve.