Bricks of feta get spiced up and drizzled with EVOO before being thrown onto the grill for a crisp and creamy cheese spread.
Serve Rach's Grilled Feta Cheese with the ultimate summer menu of Greek Kebabs—or "Ke-BOBs," as Rach likes to call them, in honor of virtually cooking this feast with her friend Bob Harper:
- Two 12-ounce bricks feta cheese, drained and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling (eyeball it)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper or ground black pepper
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- Large pita or lavash flatbreads, 1 per person, to serve
Preheat grill to medium-high or broiler to high with rack in center. Spray grill surface with oil. Grill on metal tray with lid down or broil 6 to 8 minutes until feta is golden and browned. Cut into portions and serve immediately.