How To Make Jambalaya-Style Pasta with Spicy Pork (or Chicken) a…
How to Make Sweet Potato Souffles with Boozy Whipped Cream | TDa…
How to Make Fruit Crisp With Any Fruit—Fresh or Frozen | Tia Mow…
How to Make Sweet Potato Pancakes with Cranberry Compote
How to Make Roasted Tomato & Pepper Soup | Rachael Ray
How to Make Florentine Turkey Melts | Rachael Ray
TikTok Star Elyse Myers Embraces Awkward + We're Thankful for TH…
How to Make Pumpkin Bars with Pecan Streusel | Daphne Oz
How to Make Pumpkin Popper Mac | Rachael Ray
How to Carve Your Thanksgiving Turkey: Chef Sara Moulton Shares …
4 Common Thanksgiving Kitchen Disasters FIXED, Thanks to Chef Je…
She's Done It Again! Our Staffer's Mom Has Served Up ANOTHER Gen…
How to Make Twice Baked Aglio e Olio Spaghetti Squash | Rachael …
How to Make Dry-Brined Herb-Roasted Turkey with Ultimate Go-To G…
The Sopranos Podcast with Steve Schirripa + Michael Imperioli AL…
How to Make a Blood Orange Negroni | John Cusimano
How to Make Cannelloni with Chicken and Spinach | Rachael Ray
How to Make Stuffing 2 Ways (with Sausage and with Mushrooms) | …
Rachael and John House Tour: The Rebuild Is Complete After 2020 …
How to Make Pub Cheese Mashed Potatoes | Rachael Ray
Rach shares a jambalaya-style pasta recipe that's a fresh, lightened up riff on the classic Cajun rice dish.
Fun fact: Rach first made this dish over 20 years ago on a radio show.
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon pimenton/smoked sweet paprika
- 1½ teaspoons dried thyme
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1½ teaspoons white pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 to 1¼ pounds pork tenderloin or 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, 3 small
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or neutral oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ribs celery from heart with leafy tops, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper or mild green frying pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced or chopped
- 1 Fresno chili and 1 jalapeño chili, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ cup light color and flavor beer or white wine
- ½ cup chicken bone broth or stock or broth
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pound egg fettuccine or linguine
- Chopped scallions
- Chopped celery leaves
- Chopped parsley
- Frank's RedHot or Tabasco (optional)
Put water on to boil and a large skillet up for meat, shrimp and sauce.
Combine spices in small bowl.
Halve the pork across and horizontally. Thinly slice pork or chicken breasts and arrange in single but slightly shingled layer on rubber cutting board and season with salt, pepper and a third of the spice blend.
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork well, flip and brown a minute more, 4 minutes total, remove to platter and add more oil, add shrimp and cook with salt and ⅓ spices. Transfer to platter. Add butter and when it melts, add the celery, bell pepper, onion, remaining spices, salt and pepper and bay, soften and add garlic and chilies, stir 2 minutes, add beer or wine and let it absorb, add stock and tomatoes and cook 20 minutes to collapse tomatoes. Add pork or chicken and shrimp and adjust salt and pepper to taste, reduce heat to low.
Cook pasta in boiling salted water a minute less than directions, drain and toss with sauce and top with scallions, celery tops and parsley. Douse with hot sauce if using.