How To Make Jambalaya-Style Pasta with Spicy Pork (or Chicken) a…
Tommy DiDario Styles Man Who Went Viral Offering To Do Odd Jobs …
How To DIY Sun Protection For Hair | Celebrity Hairstylist Ted G…
How To Do a Twist Braid | Summer Hair Trends | Celebrity Hairsty…
How To Make Quick Beef or Chicken Curry with Ginger and Leeks | …
Rachael + John Get Emotional Sharing Figurine Of "Angel Isaboo" …
Fear The Walking Dead Actress Jenna Elfman On Why She Thinks The…
Dharma & Greg Star Jenna Elfman Reminisces On The Show 20 Years …
This Incredible 15-Year-Old Baker Is Fighting Child Food Insecur…
How To Make Pasta con Poblano | Rachael Ray
NEW: Duff Goldman's No-Bake Chocolate Cream Pie + Buddy Valastro…
ALL NEW: Rach's Pasta alla Norma + A Summer Salad Made With BREAD
How To Grill Pork Tenderloin, Poultry Burgers + Burger Blends | …
How To Make a Negroni Royale Cocktail | John Cusimano
How To Grill Sausages The Right Way—Without Drying Them Out | Ra…
Rachael's Favorite Restaurants + Things To Do In The Adirondacks…
How To Make Tagliatelle with Ground Meat Ragu and Peas | Rachael…
How To Make Lemon-Blueberry Ricotta Cheesecake | Rachael's Siste…
How To Make Honey-Bourbon Glazed Chicken With Wild Rice | Chef J…
How To Make Kung Pao Chicken | Chef Jet Tila
Man Who Was Shot Saving Stranger's Life Starts Organization Devo…
Rach shares a jambalaya-style pasta recipe that's a fresh, lightened up riff on the classic Cajun rice dish.
Fun fact: Rach first made this dish over 20 years ago on a radio show.
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon pimenton/smoked sweet paprika
- 1½ teaspoons dried thyme
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1½ teaspoons white pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 to 1¼ pounds pork tenderloin or 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, 3 small
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or neutral oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ribs celery from heart with leafy tops, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper or mild green frying pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced or chopped
- 1 Fresno chili and 1 jalapeño chili, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ cup light color and flavor beer or white wine
- ½ cup chicken bone broth or stock or broth
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pound egg fettuccine or linguine
- Chopped scallions
- Chopped celery leaves
- Chopped parsley
- Frank's RedHot or Tabasco (optional)
Put water on to boil and a large skillet up for meat, shrimp and sauce.
Combine spices in small bowl.
Halve the pork across and horizontally. Thinly slice pork or chicken breasts and arrange in single but slightly shingled layer on rubber cutting board and season with salt, pepper and a third of the spice blend.
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork well, flip and brown a minute more, 4 minutes total, remove to platter and add more oil, add shrimp and cook with salt and ⅓ spices. Transfer to platter. Add butter and when it melts, add the celery, bell pepper, onion, remaining spices, salt and pepper and bay, soften and add garlic and chilies, stir 2 minutes, add beer or wine and let it absorb, add stock and tomatoes and cook 20 minutes to collapse tomatoes. Add pork or chicken and shrimp and adjust salt and pepper to taste, reduce heat to low.
Cook pasta in boiling salted water a minute less than directions, drain and toss with sauce and top with scallions, celery tops and parsley. Douse with hot sauce if using.