How To Make Japanese Curry Ramen | Rachael Ray
Tommy DiDario Styles Man Who Went Viral Offering To Do Odd Jobs …
How To DIY Sun Protection For Hair | Celebrity Hairstylist Ted G…
How To Do a Twist Braid | Summer Hair Trends | Celebrity Hairsty…
How To Make Quick Beef or Chicken Curry with Ginger and Leeks | …
Rachael + John Get Emotional Sharing Figurine Of "Angel Isaboo" …
Fear The Walking Dead Actress Jenna Elfman On Why She Thinks The…
Dharma & Greg Star Jenna Elfman Reminisces On The Show 20 Years …
This Incredible 15-Year-Old Baker Is Fighting Child Food Insecur…
How To Make Pasta con Poblano | Rachael Ray
NEW: Duff Goldman's No-Bake Chocolate Cream Pie + Buddy Valastro…
ALL NEW: Rach's Pasta alla Norma + A Summer Salad Made With BREAD
How To Grill Pork Tenderloin, Poultry Burgers + Burger Blends | …
How To Make a Negroni Royale Cocktail | John Cusimano
How To Grill Sausages The Right Way—Without Drying Them Out | Ra…
Rachael's Favorite Restaurants + Things To Do In The Adirondacks…
How To Make Tagliatelle with Ground Meat Ragu and Peas | Rachael…
How To Make Lemon-Blueberry Ricotta Cheesecake | Rachael's Siste…
How To Make Honey-Bourbon Glazed Chicken With Wild Rice | Chef J…
How To Make Kung Pao Chicken | Chef Jet Tila
Man Who Was Shot Saving Stranger's Life Starts Organization Devo…
These ramen bowls come with a warning from Rach: "Don't freak out!" Adjust any add-ins to taste, as this recipe is way easier and faster than it looks.
They also happen to be John's favorite on "Make-Your-Own-Takeout" night.
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin (a palmful)
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander (a palmful)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 eggs
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 6 thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed, dried and sliced
- 3 baby bok choy, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 inches ginger root, peeled and minced or grated
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped or grated
- 1 inch fresh turmeric root, peeled and grated or minced (optional—add only if not using ground turmeric in the curry spice blend)
- 3 tablespoons shoyu or Tamari soy sauce of choice
- 3 tablespoons white miso paste
- 2 quarts stock or chicken bone broth
- A handful of curry leaves (optional)
- One 9.5-ounce package ramen noodles (3 bundles)
- About 1 cup julienned carrots
- A few radishes, cut into matchsticks
- 4 stacks shiso leaves or a couple cups of spinach, shredded
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts
For the Curry Spice, toast and grind whole seeds or lightly toast ground spices. Combine spices.
For the bowls, boil the eggs for 7 minutes then drain, crack and cool eggs in ice water, loosen shells and peel.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon oil, add chicken, season with salt and pepper and brown and just cook through 7 to 8 minutes, remove and rest.
Rub chicken with spice mixture. Heat a soup pot over medium heat, add oil, 1 turn of the pan, add leeks, bok choy, ginger, garlic and turmeric (if using), soften for 2 minutes, add soy sauce and Miso paste and whisk in stock to combine, add curry leaves if using, simmer soup until ready to serve.
Bring water to boil for noodles. Cook Ramen noodles to package directions.
Slice chicken on bias.
Arrange noodles in 3 bowls and then top using ¾ of soup, arrange the chicken, carrots, radishes, shiso or greens and bean spouts around the bowl. Ladle the last of the soup over the arranged dish. Halve eggs and set on top, serve with chopsticks and spoons.