How To Make Japanese Curry Ramen | Rachael Ray
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
The Covid Vaccines Explained | Physician + "Doctors" Host Dr. Ia…
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
Soon-To-Be Mom of 6 On Relationship With Her Oldest Child: "I ca…
When Can You Get The Covid Vaccine? A Doctor Breaks Down Current…
Why You Should Still Get The Vaccine If You've Already Had Covid…
Chef Curtis Stone's Fried Chicken + Rachael's Chicken With Pears…
Sterling K. Brown On Filming Latest Season Of This Is Us + Rach'…
Rach's Bacon & Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce + Al…
These ramen bowls come with a warning from Rach: "Don't freak out!" Adjust any add-ins to taste, as this recipe is way easier and faster than it looks.
They also happen to be John's favorite on "Make-Your-Own-Takeout" night.
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin (a palmful)
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander (a palmful)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 eggs
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 6 thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed, dried and sliced
- 3 baby bok choy, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 inches ginger root, peeled and minced or grated
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped or grated
- 1 inch fresh turmeric root, peeled and grated or minced (optional—add only if not using ground turmeric in the curry spice blend)
- 3 tablespoons shoyu or Tamari soy sauce of choice
- 3 tablespoons white miso paste
- 2 quarts stock or chicken bone broth
- A handful of curry leaves (optional)
- One 9.5-ounce package ramen noodles (3 bundles)
- About 1 cup julienned carrots
- A few radishes, cut into matchsticks
- 4 stacks shiso leaves or a couple cups of spinach, shredded
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts
For the Curry Spice, toast and grind whole seeds or lightly toast ground spices. Combine spices.
For the bowls, boil the eggs for 7 minutes then drain, crack and cool eggs in ice water, loosen shells and peel.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon oil, add chicken, season with salt and pepper and brown and just cook through 7 to 8 minutes, remove and rest.
Rub chicken with spice mixture. Heat a soup pot over medium heat, add oil, 1 turn of the pan, add leeks, bok choy, ginger, garlic and turmeric (if using), soften for 2 minutes, add soy sauce and Miso paste and whisk in stock to combine, add curry leaves if using, simmer soup until ready to serve.
Bring water to boil for noodles. Cook Ramen noodles to package directions.
Slice chicken on bias.
Arrange noodles in 3 bowls and then top using ¾ of soup, arrange the chicken, carrots, radishes, shiso or greens and bean spouts around the bowl. Ladle the last of the soup over the arranged dish. Halve eggs and set on top, serve with chopsticks and spoons.