Fresh basil and the fixings for an extra dirty martini give John's cocktail a little pep in its step.
- 4 to 5 basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- Peel from 1 fresh lemon (not the bitter white pith)
- Olive brine, to taste, plus olives for garnish
- 1 ½ ounces vodka, 3 tablespoons
- ¾ ounce white vermouth, 1 ½ tablespoons
Muddle fresh basil leaves, lemon peel, and olive brine in a cocktail shaker. Add vodka and white vermouth. Stir with ice until chilled, then double strain into a chilled coupe. Garnish with basil leaf and olive.
Always drink responsibly.