How To Make Keto Lasagna-Style Stuffed Zucchini By Rachael
How To Make Soufflé Pancakes with Blueberry Jam | Kid Chef Matth…
How To Make Fried Rice | Geoffrey, Madeline and Anna Zakarian
How To Make Ham, Egg + Cheese Hash Brown Waffles | BLD Recipe
Rach's Chicken Riggies + Expert-Picked Style, Design and Tech Es…
Quick Maple Pork Chops With Garlicky Mashed Potatoes + Tom Payne…
Tony Hale Dishes On "I Love Lucy" Film + Rach Makes a Greek Feast
Jessica Alba & Cash Warren's "Double Date" With Rach & John + Ra…
Rach's Bagels 5 Ways (Like Spinach & Artichoke!) + Ham, Egg & Ch…
How To Make Tso Tini Cocktail | John Cusimano
How To Make Rachael's General Tso's Chicken
How To Make Perfectly Charred Carne Asada Tacos with Avocado Cre…
We Surprise The Adorable Couple Behind The Secret @MealsSheEats …
How To Make John's Blackberry-Ginger "House Call Mocktail | John…
What Happens In Your Body When You Eat Whole vs Refined Grains |…
How To Make Pho | Rachael Ray
How To Make Honey Soy Glazed Salmon | Dr. Ian Smith
Deals From Rue La La: Genuine Soft Leather Jackets, Healthy Pres…
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro's Fun Cake Decorating Ideas For Spring
Former Rachael Ray Mag Editor Wrote 365 Thank You Letters In One…
How To Make Meatball Patty Melt Pizzas | Rachael Ray
These keto-friendly stuffed zucchini boats hit the spot when you're craving lasagna but are counting carbs.
Rach created this recipe for her buddy, athlete, author and filmmaker Tim Tebow, who says he's been on the keto diet since 2012.
- 4 medium very firm zucchini (I like lighter green, thick zucchini for stuffing)
- Salt and pepper
- Non-aerosol olive oil spray
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped or grated
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped or grated
- 1 rib celery with leafy tops, finely chopped
- ¼ pound pancetta or smoked pancetta, finely chopped
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 2 tablespoons, tomato paste
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup beef or chicken bone broth
- One 28-ounce can crushed or diced tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or mozzarella and provolone combined, or 1 sack
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese or mascarpone, cut into pieces
- 1 cup cream
- Salt, white pepper and nutmeg, to taste
- A few leaves of basil, torn
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
Halve zucchini lengthwise and scrape out seedy centers of the squash, making zucchini boats for filling. Arrange the zucchini on a large parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Season the zucchini with salt and pepper and spray with olive oil. Roast about 15 minutes, then remove from oven to cool to room temperature.
Meanwhile, to a large deep skillet over medium to medium-high heat, add EVOO, onion, carrot, and celery, soften 5 minutes, then add pancetta and render fat to lightly crisp. Add beef and brown and crumble, season with salt and pepper, then stir in garlic and tomato paste. Add wine, broth and tomatoes and simmer sauce to thicken.
For the white sauce, in a small pot, melt cream cheese and cream together and season with salt, white pepper and nutmeg.
Fill the thickened bolognese into boats and top with equal amounts of gluten-free white sauce and top with the cheeses. Place back in oven and bake until brown and bubbly.
Serve stuffed zucchini hot or at room temperature topped with a few leaves of torn basil.