How To Make Keto Lasagna-Style Stuffed Zucchini By Rachael
How to Make a Vermouth Spritz | John Cusimano
Stop Everything and Listen to "Buongiorno Baby"—the Song John Co…
How to Make Bistecca (Porterhouse) with Walnut Salsa Verde and C…
Rachael Reveals Her Favorite Place to Eat in Tuscany, Italy | Q …
What's In Our Meal Bag? 3 Sweet Stories from Viewers Who Tried R…
Brooke Shields Tearfully Recounts Devastating Accident + Leg Inj…
How to Make Roasted Honey-Soy Green Beans | Rachael Ray
We Surprise a Mom of 10 (Including 6 Foster Kids!) Who Works So …
How to Make Salt 'n' Pepper Pork or Chicken | Rachael Ray
How to Make Caramel Apple Shortcakes | Grant Melton
How to Make Sausages with Apples and Onions & Charred, Spiced Ca…
Robin Roberts Tearfully Recalls the Emotional Moment Her Sister …
How to Make Easy Grilled Corn with Jalapeño Cilantro Glaze | Sun…
How to Make Chianti Risotto with Garlicky Spinach and Oven Charr…
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken with Rosemary & Grapes | Queer Eye…
Feast Your Eyes on Our Savory 16 Charcuterie Board + We Promise …
How to Make an Edible Cheeseboard With Focaccia for Your Next Pa…
How to Make Miso Ramen with Steak, Japanese-Style Tomato Salad +…
How to Make Apple Cider Doughnut Cake | Milk Bar's Christina Tosi
These keto-friendly stuffed zucchini boats hit the spot when you're craving lasagna but are counting carbs.
Rach created this recipe for her buddy, athlete, author and filmmaker Tim Tebow, who says he's been on the keto diet since 2012.
- 4 medium very firm zucchini (I like lighter green, thick zucchini for stuffing)
- Salt and pepper
- Non-aerosol olive oil spray
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped or grated
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped or grated
- 1 rib celery with leafy tops, finely chopped
- ¼ pound pancetta or smoked pancetta, finely chopped
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 2 tablespoons, tomato paste
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup beef or chicken bone broth
- One 28-ounce can crushed or diced tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or mozzarella and provolone combined, or 1 sack
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese or mascarpone, cut into pieces
- 1 cup cream
- Salt, white pepper and nutmeg, to taste
- A few leaves of basil, torn
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
Halve zucchini lengthwise and scrape out seedy centers of the squash, making zucchini boats for filling. Arrange the zucchini on a large parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Season the zucchini with salt and pepper and spray with olive oil. Roast about 15 minutes, then remove from oven to cool to room temperature.
Meanwhile, to a large deep skillet over medium to medium-high heat, add EVOO, onion, carrot, and celery, soften 5 minutes, then add pancetta and render fat to lightly crisp. Add beef and brown and crumble, season with salt and pepper, then stir in garlic and tomato paste. Add wine, broth and tomatoes and simmer sauce to thicken.
For the white sauce, in a small pot, melt cream cheese and cream together and season with salt, white pepper and nutmeg.
Fill the thickened bolognese into boats and top with equal amounts of gluten-free white sauce and top with the cheeses. Place back in oven and bake until brown and bubbly.
Serve stuffed zucchini hot or at room temperature topped with a few leaves of torn basil.